Monday, January 12, 2015

Bobbi Brown's Basic Life Rules

Hey y'all!! So I have decided that every Monday (or so) I will post beauty related advice or a fun tag! 
Today I will post about Bobbi Brown's basic life rules that is in her "Beauty Book"!

"Rule Number 1: BE NICE, I'm not kidding. This is rule Number One and it's not negotiable. You must be kind whether you are talking to a waiter, a teacher, or your mother (okay, you can be a little bit rude to your family once in a while). The more you give to others, the more you get.

Rule Number 2: TELL THE TRUTH, it's not just the right thing to do. Honesty also saves time. Life is just simpler and easier when you are truthful with others, and with yourself. 

Rule Number 3: TAKE RISKS, I came to New York to become a makeup artist without knowing anyone or anything. So I picked up the phone book and cold-called anyone who listed under makeup or modeling. It was crazy, but that's how I began my career.

Rule Number 4: NEVER GIVE UP, when I started working in makeup I had no experience. A lot of times I had to work for free to prove myself, and sometimes people wouldn't even let me do that. Even though I had really discouraging days, I never let no become the final answer.

Rule Number 5: BE ON TIME, no one likes to be kept waiting. But if you are going to be more than five minutes late - call!!

Rule Number 6: BE OPEN!!! While I was doing an in-store appearance, an older lady asked me for tips to make her lipstick last. I took time to give her my best advice, after which the lady said she thought I would be great on the Today show. I told her that was a big dream of mine. Turns out the little red-haired woman was the grandmother of the Today show's executive producer. That meeting helped me become the show's guest beauty editor.

Rule Number 7: CARE ABOUT SOMETHING, sports, music, politics. Anything you like. Get involved and get active.

Rule Number 8: GIVE BACK, There are so many ways to make this world a better place, whether it is helping the environment, people in your community, or places halfway across the globe.

Rule Number 9: WORK HARD, start at the bottom and learn all you can. Be strong. Don't get upset when things don't come to you right away.

Rule Number 10: LOOK PEOPLE IN THE EYE, It shows confidence.

Rule Number 11: DREAM BIG, you never know..."


xx, Kirsten


11 comments:

  1. I'm @fluffylionspersians! Great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm @cvanamer on instagram and Carmen J Van on facebook. Lovely posts! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. @oliviaataite from IG! I've never entered one of your giveaways before but I know that you do them often. That's a great way to interact with your followers, thanks for doing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im @kseid99 from instagram & i love yours ♡♡♡!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6 is such an amazing life lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm @mhorton02 on Instagram! I know you're doing a giveaway hope someone great wins. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from your Instagram follower, sara_wuest! It's so cold and rainy here and I would LOVE to have a pair of Hunters to keep dry, warm, and stylish! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm from instagram @ preppy_fashioninsider

    ReplyDelete